Re: [Savannah-register-public] guile-cairo documentation license and sav

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] guile-cairo documentation license and savannah
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 17:04:34 -0400

      If we could fix this issue
    strategically -- i.e. with license hacking -- documentation for all
    libraries in that stack could benefit.  Sure it would take a little
    longer, and we don't know if it is possible, but it's definitely
    something to consider.

I am considering it -- but doing this will take years, supposing it is
possible.

    Unfortunately I do not have the time for that; there are more than 100
    people in their AUTHORS file (attached).

Probably most of them didn't write a significant part of the doc
strings.  We want to know who did.  Maybe we can find out
automatically.

Is there a program that can look at the version history diffs and see
which revisions affected the code that occupies a certain range of
lines in the current version?

With that tool, it would be possible to find each doc string, and then
see who contributed to it

Can you investigate existing software that can be the base for this?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation