[Savannah-register-public] [task #11233] Submission of Octave-Forge

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11233] Submission of Octave-Forge
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:01:15 +0000

> I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in GNU Savannah.
> You can reach the rest Savannah hackers (Staff) in this list:

> > Except for a few negligible packages, all of the Octave-Forge
> > packages are under a free license and are mostly GNU compatible
> > (they use the right terminology, etc) but they don't nececessarily
> > follow GNU coding standards in style.

> Is there a package under a proprietary license?. If so, how could it
> be negligible?

They aren't important. They are rarely used or maintained. We don't
mind sacrificing them. We'll contact the authors to see if there is
possibility of a licensing change, but we can forget about those
packages if the authors don't respond.

> > This has always been hosted on Savannah [...]

> But you linked to SourceForge. What happens?.

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant it's always been hosted in Sourceforge. We
want to move it to Savannah, except, perhaps, for the webpages, but we
want to move the bugtracking, mailing lists, and code hosting to
Savannah.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.