[Savannah-register-public] [task #11233] Submission of Octave-Forge

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11233] Submission of Octave-Forge
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:35:13 +0000

Hi Carne -- regarding bug assignments, gnu.org vs. nongnu.org shouldn't
make a difference.  But only members of project xyz can deal with bugs
for xyz.  They can be given pretty restricted permissions, I believe,
but they have to be members.

Also, I fear savannah has no way to directly move a bug from one project
to another.  Depending on the total volume of bugs compared to
mis-submitted bugs, I begin to wonder about making "octave-forge" a bug
category within octave, instead of using its own tracker ... just an
idea ... anyway ...

Yes, nongnu has static web hosting (with simple ssi, but no cgi or other
dynamic stuff) and ftp/rsync/www (and mirrors) for releases.

Best,
karl