[Savannah-register-public] [task #12728] Submission of Whonix

From: adrelanos
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12728] Submission of Whonix
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:45:54 +0000

> So, in the case at hand, the appropriate thing would be to just explain in
an accompanying README that the config, kdedrc, etc. files come from the xxx
package and are licensed under the yyy license.

The COPYING file mentions all those files.

> You don't have to correct their licensing mistakes in the files,

Great.

I could still add:

# This file is part of Whonix
# See the file COPYING for copying conditions.

Would that be a good idea?

> you just have to be clear on what basis we believe that the files are free.

Ok.

Have you reviewed the COPYING file?

I am thankful for your review process. A security critical Free Software
project such as Whonix needs auditing. An audit on the license level (I know
this is no lawyer consultation) is important as well, I value your work a lot!