[Savannah-register-public] [task #12802] Submission of GNS3

From: Joan Lledó
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12802] Submission of GNS3
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:48:08 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => jllledo

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

The package you've uploaded contains some files without license text:
        CHANGELOG
        GNS3.e4p
        README
        setup.py
        baseconfig_sw.txt
        baseconfig.txt
        vboxwrapper/tcp_pipe_proxy.py
        vboxwrapper/vboxtestcase.py
        broker/server2.py
        docs/man/gns3.1
        src/GNS3/Ui/*.py

Every file more than 10 lines long is considered nontrivial and must include a
license notice. For the ChangeLog, you must include the copyright notice at
the end of the file.
Please check http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
for more information, and update your files.

The file style.pl has another license, what is it?. Besides, there are some
files like gns3, or most files in src/GNS3/ folder that don't have the "or any
later version clause" in the license notice. Would you add it?

The reason for this is that when we publish the next version of the GPL, it
will be important for all GPL-covered programs to advance to that new version.
If you don't put this in the files now, the only way to port your program to
the next version of the GPL would be to ask each and every copyright holder,
and that may be very difficult.

Finally, I've seen that in your README you refer to GNU/Linux as "Linux".
"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to refer to as
GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us with
an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will reconsider
your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface by following the link below. Do not reply directly; the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such