[Savannah-register-public] [task #12149] please delete master branch for

From: Nicolas Bock
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12149] please delete master branch for FreeON project
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 02:43:00 +0000

Hi Bob,

sorry, I had replied to the NOREPLY email address, without realizing that this
wouldn't work. Here again what I had sent:

sorry for the delay. You are right that we went through a few iterations of
CVS -> git. So what happened was that I couldn't figure out how to convert CVS
properly to git the first time around (I was new to git), and only much later
revisited the issue. By that time we had made lots of commits in git, which
meant that I had to graft the git history on top of the converted CVS history,
which rewrites all git commit hashes. The only way to push now is to force
push, which I am not allowed to do. I migrated the repository to github [1],
which is where you can see the whole git history plus the converted CVS
history.

I don't want to remove FreeON from savannah, I simply would like to be able to
force push once so that I can sync the history with the one that's on github
now. FreeON is an OpenScience project and we believe strongly in the goals of
the FSF.

Thanks so much for your help,

nick