[Savannah-register-public] [task #13326] Submission of Modula-2 Compiler

From: David Egan Evans
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13326] Submission of Modula-2 Compiler and Translator
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:19:13 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11340> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11340>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Modula-2 Compiler and Translator*
* System Name:  *m2c*
* Type: non-GNU software and documentation
* License: Other (This is GPLv1. The copyright notice in the C source texts
and README point to the COPYING file. (The standard library included is not
explicitly marked, but seems clearly developed as part of the compiler and
covered by the notice in the README.) It is unclear whether later GPL versions
can be used.

This package was distributed with Debian main for some time. There's a few
patches for architecture support from them I'd like to add, including AMD64,
plus some of my own. I can add missing copyright headers as patches to the
library modules once the original is uploaded.)

----

This is the old m2c-0.6 Modula-2 to C translator and compiler by Vladimir
Makarov. It defaults to the Fourth Edition Report from Wirth, but also has
support for the Third Edition. Its standard library follows closely to the
recommendations in PIM4.

Multiple platforms are supported, though many have not been tested for some
time.

==== Other Comments: ====
Attached is the unmodified original source that I'm forking. See
http://m2c.sourcearchive.com/.

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://m2c.sourcearchive.com/downloads/0.6/m2c_0.6.orig.tar.gz