[Savannah-register-public] [task #14444] Submission of Memcopy

From: Pavel Kharitonov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14444] Submission of Memcopy
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 03:51:43 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #11, task #14444 (project administration):

In order to correctly license the program, you should put valid notices in
every file of its distribution
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html>. This is
not my liking, this is a policy of the GNU project and Savannah.

We generally rely on the maintainers following our policies, we have no
dedicated volunteers to regularly check the compliance; on the other hand,
once the package is registered on Savannah, it's hard to remove it.

So, if you don't feel like being committed to maintain such things as correct
notices or having no GPL-incompatible dependencies, we'd better not register
your package at all.