[Savannah-register-public] [task #14510] Mirroring to GitHub

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14510] Mirroring to GitHub
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 05:05:28 -0400 (EDT)

                Category:                    None => Approved Projects to be
Reviewed

Follow-up Comment #1:

All projects hosted on Savannah have a free license. Which means you always
have the freedom to copy them off.

But note that GitHub is not itself free software. Worse it requires the user
to run nonfree software in order to use it. It falls below the threshold for
an ethical repository. I don't use it for official GNU software.

https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html

Since what you are asking is a philosophical discussion and not a bug or an
action I am going to go ahead and close this ticket to keep the bookkeeping
tidy since there is no action to be done in any case. But please feel free to
make additional comments on this ticket.