[Savannah-register-public] [task #14528] Submission of relax

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14528] Submission of relax
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:36:03 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #35, task #14528 (project administration):

> ...the REMARK section numbering and format can be important... in many cases
intricate, automated, software-specific formatting is used that simple hand
edits could easily break

It's up to you to make sure that the license notices don't break it for your
package; since it's only about distribution within relax, I think you don't
need to care about any other software.

> we absolutely cannot identify the original copyright holder.

Then I think you should write down the reasons why this file is effectively
public domain. We know there are cultures that neglect copyright, but the GNU
Project holds the position that using copyrightable material is forbidden
unless explicitly allowed.

However, please feel free to discuss this with the FSF and RMS; they are in
the position to make decisions about such corner cases.

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/