[Savannah-users] SFTP vs FTP

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Savannah-users] SFTP vs FTP
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:32:18 -0700

I say go for it!  :^)

slightly longer answer:
I don't currently use FTP, and I ran into some trouble when I tried
to, if I remember correctly.  All other work is done using SSL anyway,
and any safeguards I was tripping over before would be unnecessary in
a trusted environment.  So I'm all for it.

On a separate note, subversion in addition to or in place of CVS would
make me (and I'm guessing others) very very happy.  CVS is fine, but
after being spoiled hacking on some projects hosted in SVN, it can be
a little painful going back.

Just my two cents.  Everybody, keep up the good work!
-Owen