[Savannah-users] Re: [Savannah-announce] Replacing FTP queue with SFTP?

From: Wesley J. Landaker
Subject: [Savannah-users] Re: [Savannah-announce] Replacing FTP queue with SFTP?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:04:58 -0700

On Thursday 02 November 2006 15:50, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> We're considering providing SFTP access to the download
> area. It will be troublesome to keep both the old FTP queue
> system and SFTP at the same time though.
>
> Would it be OK to disable the FTP queue and replace it with SFTP?
> Please send comments at address@hidden :)

Since there are Free Software SFTP clients available for pretty much every
operating system, it seems like there is no reason to keep supporting FTP
once SFTP is in place, except perhaps as a transitional measure for people
who might have e.g. scripts that do their uploading.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <address@hidden>