Re: [Savannah-users] CVS update timeout problems

From: Otto Maddox
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] CVS update timeout problems
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:10:08 +0000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:16:21 +0100 (MET), "Andreas K. Foerster" <address@hidden>
said:

> > $ cd emacs
> > $ cvs -t update -d -P
> >  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs
> >  -> Connecting to cvs.savannah.gnu.org(199.232.41.69):2401
> > [and then it takes ages to time out]
>
> ":pserver:anonymous"? That's readonly.
> You have to check it out with ":ext:usermane..." using ssh.

Hi Andreas,  I don't have write access to any of the repositories because I am
not a developer; I just run the development sources as an end-user because I
need the extra features.

The page at http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs includes instructions for
anonymous pserver access, so I assume it's supposed to work.
--
  Otto Maddox
  address@hidden