[Savannah-users] Savannah project => German law, "Impressum" (imprint) n

From: afghancalendar
Subject: [Savannah-users] Savannah project => German law, "Impressum" (imprint) necessary?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:56:29 +0100

Hi,

I've got a question regarding the German law. As far as I know in Germany [1]
you have to provide for your  website/ project an "Impressum" (imprint).
My project "Afghan Calendar" [2] (website and download area) will be hosted at
Savannah, it will also provide German localized calendars with historical dates.
I would like to know if it is  necessary to provide a personal "Impressum"
(imprint) for this project or is it enough to redirect to Savannah's imprint
(by the way what would be the correct URL?) ?

In general a imprint is good idea, but regarding the German law one has to
provide a post address (a post office box is not sufficient) in general this is
identical to the address where you live :-( .
For a project which is world wide accessible this could be a little risky (e.g.
if you don't want to be disturbed at the weekends ;-)  etc.).

What is the general Savannah policy?

Regards
Alekozai

1: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressum#Deutsche_Rechtslage