[Savannah-users] LWIP + DHCP issue

From: Robert Coronati
Subject: [Savannah-users] LWIP + DHCP issue
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:25:53 -0400

Hi I am having a problem with dhcp and LWIP. I am working on a project based on the FreeRTOS port for the atmel SAM7X development board. I have encountered this problem with LWIP versions 1.1.1 and 1.2.0. Basically, when dhcp_renew() or dhcp_rebind() functions are called, my application crashes. I am pretty sure this is an LWIP issue but am not sure what the cause is or how to fix it. When the t1_timeout from the dhcp object expires, which calls the function dhcp_t1_timeout() which then calls dhcp_renew() it attempts to renew the dhcp lease. However, at some point after exiting the dhcp_renew() function, a crash occurs. The same issue occurs when the t2_timeout expires. Is this a known issue? What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks for your cooperation,

Robert Coronati

Firmware Engineer

Specialty Sensor Technologies Inc.