Re: [Savannah-users] Delayed processing of project submission #7101

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Delayed processing of project submission #7101
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:10:17 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 10:12:23AM +0300, William Silverman wrote:
> I first submitted the non-gnu project, EFCP (Emulated Flat Concurrent
> Prolog -  task #6966) in May, 2007.  It was originally scheduled for
> completion on 06/11/2007.  On June 29, I enquired about the delay in
> completion, and after extended discussion with one of your administrators,
> the project was "deleted ... from the pending queue", as of July 20.
> The project was deleted due to lack of "response from you", possibly as
> a result of e-mail problems, since I did respond to the penultimate
> communication in a timely fashion (from my point of view).
>
> I resubmitted EFCP (task #7101), "Saturday 07/21/07 at 23:30"; this time
> the submission item was scheduled for completion on "Tuesday 07/31/07 at
> 03:00".  I have not received any communication from Savannah Administration
> since that time, and the submission item has not advanced in any way -
> it remains "Assigned to: None".
>
> Please let me know approximately when the submission will be processed.
>
> Thank you.
>
>     William Silverman (Senior Research Fellow, retired)

As you could see, there was not enough volunteers to check the project
submissions. We apologize for the delay.

Since then we've got more help (from Jean-Michel, Michael, and, well,
myself) and we're down to around 10 unassigned "old" submissions (out
of previously 60) while timely processing new requests.

I marked #7101 with a higher priority so we'll look at this before the
end of the week.

(Note: the "Should be Finished on:" is set automatically by the system
and does not actually reflect reality - I'll disable that in the next
version).

Cheers.

--
Sylvain