Re: [Savannah-users] wrong MIME type for signatures

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] wrong MIME type for signatures
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:52:12 +0200

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:38:19PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there seems to be a problem with the server configuration.
> Signature files with the file extension .sig are sent out with the
> wrong MIME type (download area).
>
> The MIME type should be "application/pgp-signature". Some time ago it
> was correct, but now it's broken.

We didn't change the configuration, but apparently that's done at
http://ftp.gnu.org/ (which also offers a mirror of cvs releases) - but
that's different than dl.sv.gnu.org.

> To fix the problem please check the file /etc/mime-types on the server
> or add the following line to the configuration file:
> AddType application/pgp-signature .sig

I checked mime.types from several distros (Gentoo, Debian, Fedora) and
I see no mime type associated with the .sig extension. So by default
most servers do not associate this content-type with .sig's.

But I guess that doesn't hurt.

--
Sylvain