Re: [Savannah-users] Help

From: list
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Help
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:26:19 +0200

On monday, the 30. March 2009 Michael Tarsitano wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help.
> I will look into Kbasic: I never knew it existed!
> If I had, I would have started using it a long tme ago.

Oh, sorry. Maybe my recommandation was a little too quick...
I had a look at their webpage now. Be careful.
There are different versions. The binaries they offer are
not free! To get the free version (they call it "Open Source"),
it seems you have to compile it from the source code.
The unfree version (the so called "professional edition") would
not acceptable for savannah either. So it may not really be
what you are looking for.

Another Basic dialect that might be interresting to you may be
Gambas: http://gambas.sourceforge.net/
That is not so compatible to VB, but it is more clearly free.

--
AKFoerster