Re: [Savannah-users] remote backup

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] remote backup
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 01:47:20 +0100

Bernd Warken wrote:
> > To do a remote backup we just need a remote machine.  IMHO there is not
> > need to pay for it.
>
> Yes it costs something.  It is based on the amount of the size to be
> stored. You can contact directly at the web page.
>
> A correct backup is not trivial.  The code must be encrypted and recovering
> must work. In Germany, there are even laws that force a correct data saving
> for enterprises.

IMHO this can be done with just borrowed space in a mirror or similar.

If the bandwidth is limited at the Savannah colo, the remote backup could be
done e.g. each 3 days instead of daily.

IMHO there is not need to contract any external service.

Disclaimer:  I am just another user, not a Savannah administrator.