Re: [Savannah-users] Please remove mailing lists

From: Karl Berry
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:24:40 -0500

    I recived a spam to address@hidden yesterday. How is that
    possible if that mailing list are disabled?

Ah, the -owner address is a different case than the list itself.

    What does "forged" mean? My english is to bad.

Much spam has a To: header that says address A, but it was actually sent
to address B.  Likewise, the From: header usually bears no relationship
to the actual sender.

    They have recived mail but only spam to my knowledge. Can you please
    remove them?

Yes, ok.  Unfortunately I'll be away the next couple days, so unless
someone else has time, you'll have to put up with a little bit more of
the junk.  Sorry.

    Where should I put generic_nonmember_action=hold excactly? At
    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/bug-sovix for bug-sovix for
    example or what? If so, where?

It's under Privacy > Sender Options in the mailman web admin interface,
but it's already done for your lists; you don't need to do anything.
That part of my reply was addressed to the other person who replied to
your mail.

Best,
Karl