Re: [Savannah-users] Removing inactive user accounts

From: list
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Removing inactive user accounts
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:53:42 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 30. Jul 2009 schrieb Sylvain Beucler:

> We're currently working on a new web front-end that will be easier to improve
> and maintain.

You mean you won't use Savane anymore?
Or do you mean to just improve it?

> When working on data migration we saw that more than 1/2 user accounts are
> inactive, that is, they registered more than one year ago, they didn't submit
> or comment on a tracker or news item, they are not part of any group, not did
> they submit a request for contributor.
> We're not talking about spammer accounts (who usually at least send spam on
> the trackers or news, and got desactivated) - just people who registered, but
> only have a basic profile.
> We're considering doing some clean-up here and mass-remove these accounts.
> What are your thoughts?

Please don't!
While I'm active at savannah, but for example I have registered my username
on just so that nobody could fetch it away, as I've seen it on other
portals. I think that's a good reason, isn't it?

Maybe, if you have the e-mail adresses, you should at least contact the people
you want to remove.

Apropos, will also change?