Re: [Savannah-users] Quitting my account

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Quitting my account
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:56:10 -0500

On 8/29/09, Chris Bryant <address@hidden> wrote:

>> It is too complicated to register a project....
>
> Don't give up so easily, Julián!  Once you get a little experience, it
> is well worth the time and effort, believe me :)
>
> What seems to be the problem?

Here is his project registration:
http://sv.gnu.org/task/?9648

I really must have misunderstood his problem when he stated he did not
know how to upload his  repository. I thought that meant he did not
know how to make a tarball. So I gave a brief message using tar. I
also gave him the standard sv-problem-tarball message, we give when
the tarball is missing. It does not really help when you are just not
seeing the attachment upload form.
It doesn't help if your tarball exceeds the upload limit. I'm not
exactly sure what that limit is, but Savannah prefers it to be under
512KB.

I should have told him to upload the tarball as an attachment to the
application via the upload form:

http://sv.gnu.org/task/?9648#attached

After the upload, you should just go to the bottom of the page and
press "Submit Changes and Return to this item" or "Submit Changes and
Browse Items".

He could also be overwhelmed by the "How To Get Your Project Approved
Quickly" wiki page.

Julian, do you think that is an accurate description? We would like to
improve the service to make it easier for both the volunteer
administrators and the clients, so we really depend on your feedback.

Regards.
--
Nicodemo