Re: [Savannah-users] Re: PSPP

From: Donn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Re: PSPP
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 02:53:11 +0200

On Friday 04 December 2009 01:53:02 Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> Suppose he did really see a swastika? Clearly, the web page doesn't
> actually have one.
Personally I put it down to Godwin/Poe-Pareidolia of the gnu-head browser
icon. Perhaps his res is funky or it's being drawn in less than optimal
conditions.

> Or there was some other problem: a repaint problem in the windowing
> system, object pointers being mixed up the browser's heap, etc.
This one is hugely possible -- I run KDE 4 and it has a lot of background
replace-area buffers that simply dump random icons and scrambled snatches of
memory onto the screen. It's a wild and bumpy ride, but unless I was saturated
in swastikas, it's not likely I'd get to see one.

\d
--
\/\/ave: address@hidden
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/