Re: [Savannah-users] Survey about open source projects

From: Adam Walczak
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Survey about open source projects
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:10:18 +0100

Hi,

> Please note that in GNU project we care about ethical values, not only
> what is better technically, see
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html. GNU
> and Savannah-hosted projects are labeled as free software. Please do
> not spam the Savannah community with open source things.

Ah yes sorry for glorifying the open source term. I should have titled
the survey 'open source and free software projects' as I'm also
interested in the information that could come from free software
developers. Among the last years open source has some who become an
umbrella term for both free software and the so called 'commercial'
open source and I've just fallen in to that trend.

Sorry. I hope this mistake won't discourage the free software
community from taking part in the survey.

Beside open source developers care about ethical values too you know :o)

--
Adam Walczak
www.openeo.biz