Re: [Savannah-users] CVS license information

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] CVS license information
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:44:48 GMT

Hello Neetu,

     I am new to CVS and as its a open source so we are interested in

CVS is released under the GNU GPL.  See http://gnu.org/licenses/ for
lots of information about it.

Best,
Karl

P.S. I'd like to mention that we at Savannah and the GNU project aren't
part of the "open source" movement, but rather the "free software"
movement, which has been campaigning for computer users' freedom since
1984.  The open source movement began in 1998 and focuses on the
technical and practical advantages provided by free software.  If you
like, you can read more about the differences and relationship between
the two movements at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html.