[Savannah-users] Problem about using eXosip parallelly in different thre

From: 王天翼
Subject: [Savannah-users] Problem about using eXosip parallelly in different threads
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:18:29 +0800

To whom it may concern,

I’m a college student in China. I am developing performance test using eXosip.

I tried to create and start several threads in my program: Each thread initials eXosip by itself, listens to a different port, sends request and receives response (each thread behaves like a complete and independent UA).

The result was:

In each thread, “eXosip_init” and “eXosip_listen_addr” returned 0 (successful). However, the sip stack in each thread performed incorrectly. By contrast, if I only started one thread and disabled the rest threads, the sip stack in the started thread performed correctly.

I am wondering whether eXosip can be initialed and used respectively in different threads of one process, because I want to send SIP messages parallelly to test the performance of a proxy (with different usernames and ports). Could you give me some solutions or suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your time. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Tianyi