[Savannah-users] Changing the hgweb theme

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: [Savannah-users] Changing the hgweb theme
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 23:50:08 -0500

I don't know many projects in Savannah are using Mercurial, but if you
are, I have a question for you.

Savannah's hgweb theme until yesterday was one called svweb, which
essentially all it is is an outdated version of the gitweb theme. I
suppose the idea was to style svweb to make it look more Savannaish,
but it was never done. Last time we had server upgrades, the outdated
svweb them didn't work, and we saw a little breakage with graphs[1].
Yesterday I changed to the gitweb theme, and I'm planning to do a more
drastic change to Mercurial's default paper theme[2].

The reason isn't purely aesthetic; the paper theme is simply more
functional. For example, when searching the history, gitweb doesn't
offer buttons for seeing more of the history at a time, while paper
does.

Before I go ahead, I just want to make sure nobody is too attached to
the gitweb theme and thinks that having more web functionality is a
good idea.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107680
[2] An example from Mercurial's own crew repo:
http://hg.intevation.org/mercurial/crew