[Savannah-users] Help: shell access to git.sv.gnu.org.

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: [Savannah-users] Help: shell access to git.sv.gnu.org.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:56:32 -0700

Hi all,

I need to make a configuration change in the .git/config file in my
project's repository. (I want to do a push --force for a particular
reason, but it's being rejected!)

How can I edit the config file?

No shell access is allowed.

Linux vcs.savannah.gnu.org 2.6.32-5-xen-686 #1 SMP Wed Mar 9 01:27:54 UTC
 2011 i686

 Interactive shell login is not possible for security reasons.
 VCS commands are allowed.

Exactly what are these commands that are allowed, and can this
be achieved with those commands?