[Savannah-users] Compile libconfuse in 64 bit mode

From: Ruiyuan Jiang
Subject: [Savannah-users] Compile libconfuse in 64 bit mode
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:33:47 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to compile libconfuse on a RHEL v6.1 64 bit. On the internet that
to compile libconfuse in 64 bit mode, I need to use either "xlc -q64" or "gcc
-maix64" option.

Once I used either options for either CC= or CFLAGS=, configure phase got an
error message that stated gcc (64 bit) does not work.

# configure
Checking for gcc... gcc
Checking whether the C compiler works... no

If I don't use either above option, the configure and installation phases are
both fine.
Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.