Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah Cryptographic Restrictions

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah Cryptographic Restrictions
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 22:25:06 GMT

Hi Fabio,

I'm not sure what you're asking.  We certainly have no idea why
sourceforge does whatever it does.

The FSF determines the policy for handling encryption-related software
on Savannah -- they are the ones with employees handling legal matters
and lawyers on retainer.  And I know they looked fairly recently at the
notice on Savannah, because they asked us to add the
"Copyright infringement notification" link.

So, if you have questions about the legal policy on Savannah and think
changes are needed, I'd suggest asking address@hidden

Best,
Karl