Re: [Savannah-users] grep -F causes infinite loop

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] grep -F causes infinite loop
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:49:57 -0600

GOTO, Daisuke wrote:
> grep -F causes infinite loop in a text which LOCALE differ.
> (LOCALE is a ja_JP.UTF-8, and text is a SJIS)
>
> It did not occur with an old version(GNU grep 2.6.1 or before).
> Moreover, also when there is no LOCALE, it does not occur.

You have reached the mailing list for people who use Savannah.
Savannah is the software forge for people committed to free software.
The web site, the version control hosting, and so forth.

But you are asking about the grep project.  We don't know too much
about specific projects here.  It would be better to look at the
project and see what it says about where to get help.

I suggest you report your bug report to the address@hidden mailing
list.  That is the development community for it.

Thanks,
Bob