Re: [Savannah-users] Editing web page

From: Edward Ned Harvey (savannah)
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Editing web page
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:13:15 +0000

> From: address@hidden
> [mailto:address@hidden On
>
> After many years of struggle and incremental improvements, all I can say
> is, I don't expect all of this to ever be perfectly solved.  (And, BTW,
> all this is one reason why I remain utterly unenthused about supporting
> non-CVS vc's for web pages, as adding another layer of significant
> complexity to an already fraught system.)

I assume, for clarification, you're speaking as a supporter of nongnu, saying
you remain unenthused about supporting non-CVS for webpages on savannah/nongnu.
 Right?   You're not trying to make any kind of broader generalization about
svn/git/whatever being inappropriate for webpages in general.  If only they
were hosted somewhere that was designed to work well with those systems, it
would be fine.