Re: [Savannah-users] Project Registration

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Project Registration
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:52:56 GMT

Hi Gord - I agree the registration page is less than crystal clear about
this, but indeed, it's not necessary for the project to be finished.
It's only necessary to have *something* done, which clearly you do, and
to agree to keep everything free in the future (which is one of the
checkboxes).  After all, there is nothing magical about the time of
submission.

    I haven't seen a Makefile that is copyrighted, or a test program, or
    lots of other things.  License headers on data files?

Yes, if they're nontrivial.  We're just executing the instructions that
the FSF + lawyers told us to.  The "license header" can be as simple as
"This file is public domain" if it doesn't deserve anything more.
Or a README in the directory if the data format doesn't allow for comments.

So anyway, go ahead and submit the form if you wish.

Thanks,
Karl