Re: [Savannah-users] accessing git.sv machine

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] accessing git.sv machine
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:59:33 +0000

Jan Owoc <address@hidden> writes:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:10 AM, Phillip Lord
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> AFAICT, I do ssh-agent set up correctly, I've added my RSA key to it,
>> and I've added the public key to savannah. In fact, I have managed to
>> get this working from another machine to savannah, with the same RSA
>> key, over a different network. Running ssh -v suggests that the RSA key
>> is being offered.
>>
>> I'm struggling to think of other things to test client side. Does anyone
>> have any ideas what else I could try?
>
> Could you run "ssh -v" on each of the working and non-working machines
> and compare the output?

Tried this. The first line that differs is

< debug1: Found key in /home/phillord/.ssh/known_hosts:47
---
> debug1: Found key in /home/phillord/.ssh/known_hosts:85

which is benign.

Next line is here (on the machine that works)

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Offering RSA public key: /home/phillord/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 279
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
Authenticated to git.sv.gnu.org ([140.186.70.72]:22).

or here where it doesn't.

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Offering RSA public key: /home/phillord/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Offering DSA public key: /home/phillord/.ssh/id_dsa

Not that informative, I fear.