Re: [Savannah-users] svn: E200019: Version mismatch in 'svn_kwallet' (ex

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] svn: E200019: Version mismatch in 'svn_kwallet' (expecting equality): found 1.8.10, expected 1.9.0-dev
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 13:57:51 -0700

George R Goffe wrote:
> I have just built and installed the trunk version of subversion.
> When I try "svn up" I get this message:
> svn: E200019: Version mismatch in 'svn_kwallet' (expecting equality): found
> 1.8.10, expected 1.9.0-dev
>
> I'm not sure what to do to fix this problem. Can anyone give me some
> help with this situation please?

Don't know.  I imagine something is broken in your latest alpha
development build.  When using the cutting edge sometimes bleeding
occurs.  Which is why we humorously call that the bleeding edge!

This would probably be a better question for the subversion list.
That is where all of the subversion developers hang out.  This list is
for people using Savannah.  We don't know too much about specific
upstream projects here.  If you are trying the bleeding edge alpha
version then you will probably need to debug it.

The latest released version of subversion is 1.8.11 just recently
released on 2014-12-15.  That is the upstream subversion project
recommended release according to:

  https://subversion.apache.org/download/

The latest version of subversion that I am using is 1.8.10.  If you
are not interested in developing and debugging subversion yourself
then I might suggest backing off from the bleeding edge alpha and
falling back to a more well tested version such as the released
version.

Since subversion is very mainstream these days and most people are
using a software distribution with these bundled it is probably easier
to use the bundled version from a software distribution.  That would
be well tested and should work fine.

Note that Savannah is running subversion 1.6 from an LTS branch.  You
certainly don't need anything newer to talk to Savannah.

Good luck!
Bob