Re: [Savannah-users] Allowing non-fastforward pushes in git

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Allowing non-fastforward pushes in git
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:45:05 -0600

Hi Nik,

Nik Nyby wrote:
> I tried to do a simple push (git push origin jpm) to this
> branch today, and I'm getting a strange "unpacker error"
> I haven't seen before:
>
> Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 367 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
> error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
> To git://git.sv.gnu.org/librejs.git
     ^^^ Public read-only URL

That isn't the writable URL.  That is the public anonymous read-only
location.  For project members you will need/want to use the
authenticated ssh:// url.  To show the paths in your git repository:

  git remote show -n origin

Try using the ssh location.

  ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/librejs.git

You can rewrite your remote URL location on your presently cloned
repository.  This should change your origin from git:// to ssh:// on
your presently cloned repository.

  git remote set-url origin ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/librejs.git

  git remote show origin

Bob