Re: [Savannah-users] SSL cert for git0.savannah.gnu.org: wrong host

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] SSL cert for git0.savannah.gnu.org: wrong host
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 01:29:18 +0200

Hi Bob,

thanks for getting back to me!

> Where did you see git0.savannah.gnu.org documented so that this may be
> corrected?

I got that URL from the gitweb instance [1] that the autoconf savannah
page [2] points to.

Admittedly, the savannah page itself has a non-TLS variant of the URL:

git clone http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/autoconf.git

but: non-TLS http for source code distribution felt like it shouldn't be
the recommended way, so I payed no further attention to that http://…
URL, and just clicked through to the webgit to figure out a way of
cloning that would allow to check authenticity of the remote!

> BTW...  We are already using Let's Encrypt certificates for all of the
> site certificates.

I saw that, I just thought you might have missed that specific git0...
subdomain :)

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=autoconf.git, redirects to