scleaner-devel

[scleaner-devel] scleaner beta available very soon

From: Frouin Jean-Michel
Subject: [scleaner-devel] scleaner beta available very soon
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 16:21:42 +0200

For french readers :
Comme nous avons dans l'équipe beaucoup de non-francophone :) je fais le mail en anglais :)

For english readers :
Hi :)
I think it's time for a beta :)
I ll try to make a beta (some features will miss like duplicate files detection based on CRC32) very soon.
It's time for me to ask you some help :D and to make a small presentation of all members of this project to others :)

David,  is it possible for you to package scleaner as you suggested (For others, description is on savannah [http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7989]) ? Package it from the last available git's commit. And if you find time to translate the scleaner.po file in italian it can be nice. [For others, after that step we will have beautiful and very well packaged (david is a futur Debian Developper :D), packages of scleaner, and so the 'standard user' will be able to install scleaner very easily.]

Peer, if you can, we can plan this tomorrow in front of a beer :D :D :D ? In fact I need you on savannah (but I ll explain how to do this tomorrow :D betwen the first and second beer :) ), and I will ask you for the german translation of scleaner. (It's quiet easy too, I ll explain this betwen third and 4e beer), [for other : peer is the german translator which like beer :D]

Pierre, as I know you will take hollidays :) we will leave the scleaner website 'as it is' for the moment, when debian packages are availables and all translations done, I ll order a dedicated server on OVH (100MB in upload and download) and we will migrate scelaner's website on it. [For others : pierre is our website's administrator :) and webmaster ... he works on a static version of website in order to translate scleaner's website easily, and he likes beer too :D]

Bastien, have you found time for scleaner's icons ? well it's not a pb to keep the currently used one! [for other : bastien is our graphist, and he designs the splash screen and maybe icons :) and he probably likes beer too :D]

I want to thank each of you ... without your help I probably never can be able to release scleaner.
I don't want to disturb your life, so if you can't do anything it's not a pb (I have a job, a gf and I know how time go fast sometime) so this mail is more to thank you all rather than assigning a task ;)

I will ask you a last thing, if you have (or if you know people who have) an Ubuntu or Debian GNU/Linux system and want to beta test the beta of scleaner :) (too much beta) just drop me a mail.

Thanks
Best regards,

For non english or french readers : MORSE CODE

--
Développeur C++/GNU-Linux