screen-devel

[screen-devel] [patch] Searching window titles

From: Fernando Vezzosi
Subject: [screen-devel] [patch] Searching window titles
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:06:01 +0100

Hi,
I'm forwarding this message which awaits for moderator approval (I
wasn't yet subscribed when I sent it). The patch is attached.

bye ;)

----- Forwarded message from Fernando Vezzosi <address@hidden> -----

Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 23:33:23 +0100
From: Fernando Vezzosi <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [patch] Searching window titles
15:50:17 CET 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

Hi everybody!
I have produced this patch to be able to quickly switch to a window, by
entering part of its name;
I have called this function the "search" function;

This is useful for users like me, who like to make their shell
automatically change screen windows' titles with escape sequences, to
reflect the command being run at the moment;

Example usage:
<userinput> ^A-/
<screen>    "Search: "
<userinput> file.c

Alternatice:
<userinput> ^A-:
<userinput> search file.c

  screen switches to the window called:
  /home/buccia [ vim /home/buccia/c0de/file.c ]

This diff is against 4.0.2;
Apply with:
  patch -p1 < screen_search.patch

Please anybody let me know if you find this useful ;)

bye,

--
  Fernando Vezzosi
               3F29 4D20 510E E1AE 991D  3B12 D6BE 7C05 B289 97C9

----- End forwarded message -----