screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Patches (and vert. splits)

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Patches (and vert. splits)
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 05:08:18 +0100

Samir Unni wrote:
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 1:44 PM, William Pursell <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Please note that the fFtT patch was superseded by another submitted
    to the mailing list Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:01:13 +0100.
    (The version in git has at least one serious bug. )

What bug is that? I know there's an issue with certain programs (namely man and elinks) outputting text that overflows onto other windows when vertical splitting is used. Is that the bug you're referring to?

I don't recall the details, but certain key sequences
are mishandled.  For example, '2h3fa' should move
up two lines and then forward to the 3rd a, but instead
the h is ignored and the cursor is moved to the 23rd
f and then the 'a' is interpreted as a command.