[screen-devel] utmp(x) on MacOS X

From: Christian Ebert
Subject: [screen-devel] utmp(x) on MacOS X
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:30:46 +0200

atm screen does not detect utmpx on the Mac. I am using the
patches from

adapted to HEAD of the git repo. They basically disable the login
command -- reasoning: on the Mac /usr/bin/login should be used --
and make every screen a login, thus removing the error message at
every startup.

I tried to make the build process to work with utmpx by including
__APPLE__ switches, but this was bound to fail, as I have no idea
what I am doing, nor what utmpx *would* do/help on the Mac.

Are there any plans to do something about this?

Vim plugin to paste current GNU Screen buffer in (almost) any mode: