screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #33122] option to overlay messages normally, even if

From: T W
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #33122] option to overlay messages normally, even if hardstatus is set in termcap
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:27:10 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: None
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Details:

Currently, if I want to let my bash prompt set xterm titles, I have to put up
with Screen messing with them and causing them to disappear at times. This is
because Screen automatically sends its messages to the terminal's "hardstatus
line" if any exists. I see no way to change this. From the man page:

+Verbatim+
If your terminal has a status line defined in  its  term‐
cap, screen will use this for displaying its messages, otherwise a line
of the current screen will be temporarily overwritten and  output  will
be  momentarily  interrupted.
-Verbatim-

I would like an option to control this behavior and force screen to overlay
messages normally - even if hardstatus is set in termcap - and leave my xterm
title alone. Thanks. :)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33122>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/