screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 11:29:08 -0400

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 04:27:53PM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:

> seeing as we came yet again to standstill with new release, I would like
> to volunteer myself as GNU Screen maintainer.
> [...]
> Comments, suggestions, alternative solutions?

I happened upon Amadeusz' development branch a number of months back when
looking to make some UTF-8 corrections for hardstatus lines (which
subsequently turned into a great deal of refactoring of the winmsg system).
While I've been tied up with my own GNU project the past few months, I did
get to work with Amadeusz for a number of months; we bounced some ideas back
and fourth and he explained in detail his goals/direction with the project.

As someone who uses GNU screen every day (at work and at home) and almost
exclusively uses the command line, this project is very important to me---it
also has a great deal of history behind it and is older than I am! I did not
know Amadeusz before starting to contribute to his development branch, but I
can say that, as a screen user, I am comfortable and encouraged by the
direction and life he is bringing back into the project.

Just my two cents. I've never posted to this list and most of you probably
have no idea who I am, so take it how you will. :)

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer