screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GNU screen on Debian 9.0 runs with root account only

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GNU screen on Debian 9.0 runs with root account only
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:33:38 +0200

Hi Amadeusz,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 11:08:31AM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:43:55 +0200
> Oscar Barreca <address@hidden> wrote:
> > GNU screen returns immediately after being started, without reporting errors
> > <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=869551> is the page at
> > which the report is located. Sorry I did not link it before.
[...[
> your username seems to be "none", and from what I recall is is treated
> specially by acl in screen,

Thanks a lot for that hint. That's it. I created a user "none" and
screen indeed doesn't work for that user -- and only for that user.

> can you try adding another account or
> changing username and check if it works under it?

As expected it (of course) works well for all other users.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)