screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #53602] Screen corruption with some wide glyphs

From: Dave
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #53602] Screen corruption with some wide glyphs
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 06:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: Cur Dev Sources
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Details:

Hi

I'm having a problem with certain characters causing the indentation in the
following lines to be messed up.

I found this problem in 4.6.2 originally, but made a git clone yesterday and
the problem seems to persist.

Screenshot of mutt to show you what I mean:

http://www.r0t.uk/sshots/shot-5880465154.png

This does not happen with screen 4.4.0.

I haven't tried any versions between 4.4.0 and 4.6.2, but I have tested in
rxvt-unicode and xfce4-terminal with the same results. VTE based terms like
xfce4-term are usually pretty good at dealing with wide unicode characters.

I am starting screen with -U, tested with no ~/.screenrc and tried a few
different TERM settings to see if it would help. I have also tried a few of
the patches from Debian.

Something seems to have happened between 4.4.0 and 4.6.2, but a diff of the
two is around 17k lines long, so it's hard to sift through.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53602>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/