screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Bug in rendering terminal application

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Bug in rendering terminal application
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 23:27:45 +0200

Hi,

yes there are problems with how screen handles utf-8, rewriting
encoding handling to be more manageable is still on my todo list.

I already experimented a bit here
https://github.com/amade/screen/tree/encoding-rewrite
but ultimately it needs spending quite some time on it and thinking how
to handle verious stuff. For example there needs to be clean separation
between strings that need to be char* and those that can be uint32_t*.
And there is probably few more things that I don't remember right now.

Ultimately it would be great if we also got some automated testsuite
for how screen prints various characters. (If there are any takers it
would be great ;) ).

Amadeusz