Re: Hi

From: Sami Samhuri
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 03:05:48 -0700

* It was Sat, May 29, 2004 at 06:56:49PM -0500 when Quasar Jarosz said:

> On Fri, 28 May 2004, Sami Samhuri wrote:
>
> > * It was Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:06:00PM +0200 when Juergen Weigert said:
> > >
> > > screen is supposed to set its internal terminal type to 'screen'.
> > > It is supposed to translate escape-sequences from this internal
> > > representation to the terminal type of the real terminal it is running in
> > > ('linux' in our case').
> >
> > This explains a few things for me. Thanks.
> >
> > > I don't know what 'TERM=screen.linux' is. Probably a Gentoo
> > > hack then.  (Any Gentoo-maintainers out there?)
> >
> > This could be a gentoo hack I guess. I don't see anything regarding this
> > in /etc/screenrc though. I may ask on gentoo-user or check out the
> > screen package to see if it's mentioned anywhere.
>
> Well, I found this kind of odd so i checked on my Gentoo system (up to
> date) and i don't see any of this 'TERM=screen.linux' stuff. Perhaps i'm
> just missing it? I don't know. Also, i havn't seen any of this 8 color
> stuff either, but i'm gonna fiddle with it a bit and see if i can
> reproduce it.

Well switch over to a virtual console, log in, type 'screen' and then
'echo $TERM' and see what it says. Also, set your caption to always with
some colour in it and then inside the first screen run screen again.

Either of these could be due to other software I have installed. Maybe it's
my shell, though it seems unlikely. I'm using zsh, what do you all use?

--
Sami Samhuri