[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sun, 30 May 2004 03:05:48 -0700
* It was Sat, May 29, 2004 at 06:56:49PM -0500 when Quasar Jarosz said:
> On Fri, 28 May 2004, Sami Samhuri wrote:
> > * It was Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:06:00PM +0200 when Juergen Weigert said:
> > > On May 27, 04 09:52:55 -0700, Sami Samhuri wrote:
> > > > Just in case anyone came across this... When you use screen it sets
> > > > TERM to screen.linux. On my Gentoo installation TERM is just "linux" on
> > > > the virtual consoles. If I run screen in another screen I get 8 crummy
> > > > colours instead of 16, so I do ``TERM=linux screen'' and it's all good
> > > > again.
> > >
> > > screen is supposed to set its internal terminal type to 'screen'.
> > > It is supposed to translate escape-sequences from this internal
> > > representation to the terminal type of the real terminal it is running in
> > > ('linux' in our case').
> > This explains a few things for me. Thanks.
> > > I don't know what 'TERM=screen.linux' is. Probably a Gentoo
> > > hack then. (Any Gentoo-maintainers out there?)
> > This could be a gentoo hack I guess. I don't see anything regarding this
> > in /etc/screenrc though. I may ask on gentoo-user or check out the
> > screen package to see if it's mentioned anywhere.
> Well, I found this kind of odd so i checked on my Gentoo system (up to
> date) and i don't see any of this 'TERM=screen.linux' stuff. Perhaps i'm
> just missing it? I don't know. Also, i havn't seen any of this 8 color
> stuff either, but i'm gonna fiddle with it a bit and see if i can
> reproduce it.
Well switch over to a virtual console, log in, type 'screen' and then
'echo $TERM' and see what it says. Also, set your caption to always with
some colour in it and then inside the first screen run screen again.
Either of these could be due to other software I have installed. Maybe it's
my shell, though it seems unlikely. I'm using zsh, what do you all use?
Description: PGP signature
- Re: Hi (Contrast Colors), (continued)
- Re: Hi (Contrast Colors), Phil!Gregory, 2004/05/27
- Re: Hi (Contrast Colors), Quasar Jarosz, 2004/05/28
- Re: Hi, Quasar Jarosz, 2004/05/26
- Re: Hi, Chuck Vose, 2004/05/26
- Re: Hi, Phil!Gregory, 2004/05/27
- Re: Hi, Quasar Jarosz, 2004/05/27
- Re: Hi, Sami Samhuri, 2004/05/27
- Re: Hi, Juergen Weigert, 2004/05/27
- Re: Hi, Sami Samhuri, 2004/05/29
- Re: Hi, Quasar Jarosz, 2004/05/29
- Re: Hi,
Sami Samhuri <=
- Re: Hi, Quasar Jarosz, 2004/05/30
- Re: Hi, Sami Samhuri, 2004/05/30
- Re: Hi, Juergen Weigert, 2004/05/26
- Re: Hi, Eric S. Johansson, 2004/05/31
- Re: Hi, Phil!Gregory, 2004/05/31