Re: Starting screen non-interactively at system startup

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: Starting screen non-interactively at system startup
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:34:22 +0200

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 01:22:38PM +0200, David Balazic wrote:
> Excuse me, but you said yourself, that now certain properties
> of the physical terminal are visible in the emulated terminals.

Huh, when did I say that? Anyway, that's nothing new, screen
always did that. In fact we're trying to remove it, this is
one of the reasons for implementing stuff like 'bindkey', which
was added in screen-3.5.4.

> And they are different, depending on the physical terminal.
> That is why new terminal names were invented , like
> screen-linux , screen-xterm etc...

Do you mean "screen.linux"? Yes, you can do that, but it's only
useful for solving very rare problems. I doubt you will ever need
it.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--