Automatic title-ing in screen

From: cga2001
Subject: Automatic title-ing in screen
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:21:39 -0500

Does anyone have a working sample of the hack described in the section
"TITLES" of the man page. The idea is apparently to get screen to
dynamically update the window's title as one switches to a different
application.. I've tried lots of things the last couple of days and I
haven't gotten anywhere. In particular I'm not sure I understand the
part about a null title-escape-sequence output as part of the shell
prompt. Not sure if it needs to be typed literally. The bash man page
and the Bash Prompt Howto did't help much either. Either this doesn't
work in the version of scren I'm running or more likely I'm missing
something.. So may be a good example might help clarify..?

Thanks.
--

  address@hidden