Re: screen garbles output with centericq

From: webbie-h
Subject: Re: screen garbles output with centericq
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:57:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> Hm, you should check your termcap/terminfo entries for your terminal.
> Also, make sure screen's termcap/terminfo entries are installed.  It's
> probably best to check that libtermcap isn't being used, it's nothing
> but trouble.  Other than that I can't really say.  About the Swedish
> characters, you need to check what LANG/LC_XXX variables are set in your
> environment and their values.  Also check what ncurses (wchar_t enabled
> or not) you have installed.
>
> More information regarding these items necessary, before an answer can
> be crafted,

termcap and terminfo are installed, termcap-2.0.8 and terminfo-5.4.
However, how do i check that termcap and terminfo has the right settings
and that libtermcap isnt beeing used?
Ncurses are installed, version 5.4, how do i see if wchar_t is enabled?
I have a wchar_t.m4 file on my system but i guess thats not it?

The Swedish characters gets messed up as soon as i run centericq in a
screen, is screen doing anything to the locale?

Thank you for your answer,
Per